23 February 2013

Chapter 39: Murder

***NOTE: There is one picture in this chapter that's a little bloody. ~LateKnightSimmer***

I woke up feeling refreshed. The headache that had been ravaging me was completely gone. My father had shown me what happened and I was grateful for how brave and resilient Sicily had been in taking care of me. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for her. I was glad to see that she had listened to me and understood what was at stake. I was more than convinced that she could fix her family problem.



Tennan sat down on the couch next to me. He seemed like his old self again. I was relieved that he was still here and that I hadn't screwed things up.

"Tennan, I met a really creepy vampire. He made me feel really weird."

"Weird, how?"


"Well, he kept addressing me as 'human.' Like I didn't have a name, like I was just this thing."

"Some vampires enjoy flaunting their power over humans, as if they think they're better because they're different."

"That burning desire crept up on me again, but it was like he was controlling me, even though I wanted him too. I'm sorry, I feel like I'm not making any sense."

Even though I knew Tennan would understand, I was getting frustrated just thinking about it again and I felt like I was babbling.


"Did you feel frozen, almost paralyzed?"

I was relieved that he didn't think I was rambling. My frustrations disappeared and I felt calm.

"Yes."

"It sounds like he hypnotized you. Some vampires look at humans as prey, things they can screw around with, usually for sex or if they want to drink. Hypnotizing is a very cruel way of doing this. It renders the human 100% vulnerable, unable to do anything other than think."


"I think he read my mind too. Every time I'd think something, he would speak it out loud to me. I felt naked and helpless."

"It sounds like you met the worst kind of vampire, one who uses humans as toys. Combining hypnotism and mind reading is even more demeaning than using one or the other. It annoys me that there are vampires out there that are such jerks. I don't understand why they have to be so immature."


Skip Broke's face flashed through my mind. He used his celebrity status to get women into bed. I can imagine if he was a vampire, he would be one of the immature ones.

"Tennan, I'm glad you're okay."


"Thank you, Sicily, for not taking advantage of me."

Tennan smiled. Mm-mm.. he was so gorgeous. How in the berry did I not give in yesterday?


Bleah. I was interrupted from my thoughts when I threw up a little in my mouth. Ew.

"Excuse me, Tennan."

I bolted from the couch to the bathroom. It came as no big surprise to me that I was once again pregnant. 


When I went back out to the living room, Tennan was gone. I laid down on the couch to watch a movie.




Valos gets up and secures a knife from the drawer. The intruder stands over Albany, satisfied that he has knocked her out. He turns around and runs at Valos, who holds the knife out in front of him.


The intruder is skilled, grabbing Valos' arm, banging it repeatedly against the wall. The knife falls to the floor and the intruder picks it up. 

Valos runs away from the intruder, hoping to call 911 once he is in the backyard. 


He has his phone out and has just dialed 9-1, when the intruder shoves him hard and he falls into the pool. 


The intruder jumps in after him and holds his head underwater. Valos starts choking and taking in water. He manages to pull the intruder off of him and gets out of the pool when he feels a sharp pain in his back. He looks down and sees the tip of the knife poking out of his stomach. 


He groans when the intruder pulls the knife out with one quick movement. Valos falls on the grass grabbing his stomach. 


Valos crawls toward his cell phone and almost manages to grab it when the intruder stabs him in the hand. Valos cries out in pain and the intruder laughs. He pulls the knife out of Valos' hand and is ready to stab him again when he spots Albany out of the corner of his eye running towards Valos. 


Albany struggles with the intruder for a little while until he overpowers her. She screams as he jumps on her. They fight for a little bit. He gets the advantage, knocks her down, and runs away. Albany crawls toward Valos who is laying motionless in the grass. She is crying uncontrollably.

"Albany... I - love- you.."

"I love you too! Oh my berry, Valos! Don't talk. I'm going to call an ambulance, you'll be okay."

Her hands shake as she puts his head in her lap and tries to dial 911.


"Albany... it's too- la..."

"Oh my berry, Valos! Please, hold on. Valos, don't leave me!"

Albany holds his head in her arms, her tears falling on his clothes and face. Valos sputters as he tries to breathe. Blood is trickling out of his mouth. His hand and stomach wounds are gushing blood, soaking into his shirt and spilling on the ground. He looks at her one last time before his heart stops beating and he lays lifeless in her arms. 



I woke up and realized I had been crying. The living room was still empty with the sound of the television in the background. I almost jumped out of my skin when the doorbell rang.

DING-DONG-DING!

I grabbed a tissue and wiped my face before going to open the door. I saw a handsome man in an expensive suit and sunglasses standing outside.


"Hello, Miss Zenteri, so sorry to bother you. I am Agent Skylstud with the Ravenview Bureau of Investigation. Have you seen this man?"

Agent Skylstud handed me a picture of a green haired, purple skinned Sim. It was a picture of Delano.


8 comments:

  1. Now wait. The fibs are looking for a genie?! For what, brass dealing? Aw great that´s something to look forward too *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's that vision! That's a terrifying thing to see.

    And, hmm, the feds are after Delano, I wonder what else he's been up to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! A little mystery and intrigue going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's what this story is. Mystery and intrigue. Well, and romance too. Haha.

      Delete
  4. Bad vamp at the bar. Bad intruder killing Valos. Bad genie on the loose. Bad, bad, bad. You captured some great facial expressions from Sicily and Valos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shit is hitting the fan, and Sicily's life is getting really complicated. Thanks! I hadn't discovered the magic of Pose Player yet when I wrote this, so I was trying my best to tell the murder story with their facial expressions. I'm glad it paid off. :D

      Delete