07 February 2013

Chapter 18: Makeover

"Mom, I'm ugly."

Britannia looked up at me with her green eyes and a sad little frown.

"Sweetie, why do you say that?"


"Abriola got voted Prom Queen. My lips are the wrong shape. I have stupid hair, and dumb clothes."

"Honey, what do you mean your lips are the wrong shape? There is no one set lip shape. Hmm?"


"They're like, too wide for my face and they're SO thin! Abriola's lips are all pouty and puffy like yours. Your hair is so soft and flowy, mine's all ratty and disgusting. My eyes aren't big like yours either. I'm jealous."

"Britannia, you need to understand that you aren't me and you aren't Abriola. You need to know that you are beautiful in your own way."

"But my way isn't the world's way. Abriola got voted Prom Queen because she's prettier. People don't think I'm pretty."

"This is easier said than done, but you don't need to care what other people think of you."


"Ugh. It's just not fair."

"Britannia, how would you like a makeover? I could take you to the salon, we could get pampered. You could get a whole new hairstyle."

"Really, really, Mom?"

"Yes. We could make it a girls day out."

"Thank you!"


When we got to the Ravenview Salon, an older gentlemen welcomed us in.

"Welcome to the Ravenview Salon. What can I do for you ladies today?"


"I would like a makeover, please."

The stylist looked at Britannia and took her to his station. "Stand in front of the mirror, please. Let's have a look-see at what we've got to work with."


"Try this dress on and tell me what you think."

"Hmm.. I kind of feel like bathroom tile."

"An honest customer. I like that! The good thing about this dress is the vertical stripes make you look taller. Let's try on something else since you aren't sold on this outfit."


"What about this? Simple tank top with a twist. The straps in the back are X-shaped instead of just regular straps. Jeans have a little character with the ragged look on the front and some nice heeled sandals to tie it all together."

"I like this better. I feel edgy."


"Okay, now time for your hair and makeup."

"Mom? What do you think?"

"Wow, sweetie, that is a drastic change. Do you like it?"


"Yes, yes, yes, Mommy! I can never get control of my hair because it's so ratty. I will have a much easier time making it look cool now!"


I was glad to see Britannia so happy. She had definitely had a change of attitude from this morning. I might have to do a double take for the next few days before I got used to her new haircut, but I was glad my daughter was no longer sad.


Diablo's hair grew in and his eye color became more obvious. He was most definitely Dallas' child. I was a tad bit upset, and I'm sure Austin was as well. Despite that fact, Austin took care of Diablo as if he was his own.


Later that day, however, I found out some good news that was sure to cheer both Austin and I up.

"Austin, I'm pregnant! This one is definitely yours!"


Austin smiled his gorgeous smile and then kissed me.


8 comments:

  1. Now all the daughter needs is a tattoo and she's set. :-)

    Man, the baby turned out to be Dallas's, but at least she's preggers with cutie-pie Austin's baby now.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Austin definitely made a cute baby with her. :o)

      Delete
  2. awww poor Britannia. Jealousy is such an awful feeling. This is Amandralynn btw. It keeps saying URL contains illegal characters when I try to post all of a sudden :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amandralynn... hmm what is your url? *investigates* Or did you have a typo? All I found was "Clear Cache" the typical bullshit. *kicks Blogger's ass* I noticed your other comments have been working, maybe it was a one time thing?
      Jealousy is so annoying. Haha. Britannia gets over it eventually. =D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. EEE. I was excited to see what their baby looked like.

      Delete
  4. Great makeover for Brittania. I'm glad she's happy with her new look. As for Diablo, every time I see his name, I end up saying "the little devil" instead. ('Austin took care of the little devil as if he was his own.') :P

    All's well in paradise now that Sicily is pregnant with Austin's baby -- at least for now. Sorry, I couldn't resist predicting Austin's demise. There isn't nearly enough misery in Sicily's life. I'm sure the something-bad-will-happen timer is starting to tick loudly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad you liked Brittania's makeover. LOL yeah Diablo means devil and I knew that when I named him. I liked how the name sounded. ROFL. That is totally fine that you know something sinister is just around the corner, the underlying theme of this story for now is sadness and misery, so I kind of figured readers would always have that lurking in the back of their minds. =)

      Delete