08 February 2013

Chapter 22: Anger

Her lime green eyes stare at the trees outside her window.


Her face is expressionless and there is no life in her eyes. She is beautiful, but she probably doesn't feel like it. 


A small blue baby sits on the floor behind her.


 A young man with pink hair waves goodbye and walks out the door. 


The baby starts crying. 


The woman slowly gets up and gives the baby a bottle. She heads back to the chair without speaking a word.


The woman stands by a lake clearly waiting for someone. A blue man with bright red hair rushes to her side.


"Sorry, Albany. I don't have much time."

"That's ok. Valos... I'm glad you could get away."

Albany kisses Valos and they go to the gazebo, where they sit and talk. 

He looks at his watch periodically, keeping an eye on the clock. 


After a while they get up and hug each other. Albany's eyes fill with tears and she tries her best not to cry.


"Albany, I have to go."

"Why? I wish we didn't have to meet in secret like this all the time. I wish we could be a real couple."

"Shh, baby. You know I love you. I just haven't felt like it's the right time yet. We'll be together soon, like a real couple. Ok?"

"Ok, but don't wait too long." They kiss, one long kiss, and then Valos runs off.


I picked up Trent's picture and hugged it close to my chest.

"Trent, the dreams are back. It's my mother this time. I found out she was in love with a man named Valos. I think he might be my father, but I don't know for sure. She met with him in secret, just like Alexandra and Vincent did. Valos kept looking at his watch like something bad would happen if he was late."

One of my questions had been answered. My mother did love someone. I was glad that she had found  happiness at least one time. She looked so sad and empty in the first part of my dream, the way she just handed me a bottle and went back to her little world. I hoped I never became like that.

DING-DONG-DING!

I answered the door to find a police woman standing on my step. She looked sullen. I really didn't want to hear what she had to say.


"Miss Zenteri, the RVPD is putting Austin Meringue's file in our archives. His file is now a cold case. We've been unable to locate Mr. Meringue nor any remains, and we are completely out of leads."


I was too depressed to get angry even though my blood was boiling in my veins. I looked up at the officer, a frown spreading across my face.

"So you're just giving up."

"We can't extend our resources any longer. Please believe me when I say we have done all we can to locate Mr. Meringue. I don't know how to say this, but it seems he has just vanished into thin air. Here are some of his belongings he left in his locker at the firehouse. I'm deeply sorry for your loss."

The officer left and I looked down at Austin's belongings. They were a change of clothes, probably for when he got all stinky after fighting fires. I put his clothes in my dresser.


Then I cried. A lot. I cried until I vomited. At least that's why I thought I vomited. It turns out I was pregnant again. I swore after this baby was born that I would change my look. I don't know why I kept putting it off, but the anger I felt today was enough to send me over the edge.

4 comments:

  1. Awww. I wonder what happened to him. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Albany was really cold towards Sicily when she was a child. It's a wonder she didn't grow up more screwed up (other than the curse, of course).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, by the time Sicily was born, Albany's loneliness had gotten to her, and she was so tired of everything. LOL, Sicily learned that no one would really look out for her, except her brother, but he moved out so early. She made it through, you're right, she could have been way more screwed up growing up like that.

      Thanks for reading and commenting! =)

      Delete