07 February 2013

Chapter 20: Choking

But how do you expect me to live alone just me
Cause my world revolves around you it's so hard for me to breathe
Tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air, can't live, can't breathe with no air
That's how I feel when I know you ain't there
~ No Air by Jordin Sparks ~

"Missing?! What do you mean, MISSING?! He's a firefighter, he's either at the fire house or at some burning building in town! It's not like burning buildings aren't obvious!!!!"

"Ma'am, calm down."

"No I will NOT calm down! He can't be missing!"

"The RVFD reported him missing after their last emergency. They searched the building thoroughly."

"AAAAAAAH! This can't be happening! I don't believe you! You didn't search hard enough!!! Do it again!"

I crumpled to the floor with my head in my hands. I couldn't breathe. I was so angry at myself for falling in love with him. I put him in harms way. My world was falling apart again. Austin had gone out on an emergency and hadn't returned to the firehouse for many hours.


His fellow firefighters got suspicious and had gone to the location. When they got there, the fire had been put out, but there was a lot of rubble on the grounds. The fire truck was still there, but Austin was nowhere to be found.


I didn't know what to do except scream and pull at my hair. I went to visit my mom's gravestone again. My mother's gravestone was small and had very little information on it. I even chose the plaque at random out of a book at the funeral home. I knew so little about her.

"Mom, I really miss you today. I lost Austin, the man I brought here the other day. I'm starting to understand why you were so withdrawn all the time. I don't know what to do. How can I find true love when everyone I love gets taken from me? What happened to you, Mom? I feel like I need a change, but I'm stuck with this crap hanging over my head. I want to escape it, but I don't know how. Thank you for opening the security deposit box for me."

Just then I had an epiphany. The stuff my Mom left me. There had to be something in the pile that would give me an answer. My mom had gone to the trouble to help me from beyond the grave, so maybe all I needed to do was look harder. I was exhausted after the day I'd had, so I decided to just go to sleep. My bed felt disgustingly cold without Austin there lying next to me. I took Austin's pillow and held it close to me. It still smelled like him, which made me cry until I fell asleep. Even though I was curious enough to unravel this mystery, I honestly could have given a shit if I woke up the next morning.

If I should die before I wake
It's cause you took my breath away
Losing you is like living in a world with no air
~ No Air by Jordin Sparks ~

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am sad too. I'm glad you connect with my characters so well.

      Delete
    2. I tend to do that. When I like a read, I really go into it... not always pleasant. For example, I just read Jazen's update on Fiendish *shiversslightly* wheeeee...
      I like the new house, btw. Although I think it could do with lighter wallpaper colours *ggg*

      Delete
    3. Yeah, it's sort of a double edged sword, huh? A lot of times I make myself cry when I write this. I get attached to my Sims, especially male ones. The only BC rule I'm following strictly is different father for each child. Anyone she falls in love with has to be taken away from her. The only other way was to have her cheat on the guy she loved, but I don't like that option. Thanks for your feedback on the house and for reading my story.

      Delete
  2. Nooooooooo! :( Where could he be? Poor Sicily, it's one thing after another for her :D (Though I do love the drama!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cried when I wrote this chapter. I really liked Austin. Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's ok, but you already knew that. I see that you've read the next couple chapters already. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  4. :( *Reaches for Kleenex box*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *joins in the Kleenex party* *cries uncontrollably*

      Delete
  5. Dammit! Sometimes I hate it when I'm right. Sorry. I know you adored Austin. :( I hope Sicily finds something useful in the safe deposit box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *cries* I cried when I wrote this. The stuff in the safe deposit box should provide some useful information. It's at least a better lead than anything else she has right now.

      Delete