15 February 2013

Chapter 31: Book Signing

I sat in bed thinking about Tennan. He was so sexy. Stop it, Sicily. You know you need him to stay here, don't berry it up. Even though we hadn't done anything, I worried at how I had almost jeopardized his life with my actions. If he hadn't been so smart and strong, I probably would have lost him as well. I hoped he was okay. Finally my thoughts stopped racing through my head and I was able to fall asleep.



"I did it, Albany, I left her. The divorce is finalized. She was furious with me, but I don't care."




"We can get married now and then go home so I can finally meet Sicily."


Albany and Valos jump into a nice looking sports car and drive to City Hall. They fill out all the appropriate paperwork and leave a married couple, Valos and Albany Rouge. They get back in the car and make out for a while. There is such happiness in their eyes. Valos drives them home and parks the car. He opens the door and carries her over the threshold. 


They are too busy kissing to see the figure who hits Valos in the back with a steel pipe. Valos stumbles and drops Albany. She falls out of Valos' arms, hitting her shoulder on the coffee table. 


The intruder swings again, aiming for Valos' legs, tripping him and making him fall onto the kitchen floor. 


He stands over Valos, ready to hit him in the head with the pipe, but Albany charges at him, knocking him to the floor. Albany throws a few punches, but the intruder kicks her hard in the stomach and she hits the kitchen wall, unconscious. 



The little dream snippet Tennan sent me proved he was just fine. Sometimes I wondered if he could read my mind. I think vampires can do that, right? My poor mom and dad, attacked on their wedding night. What kind of horrible person would do such a thing?

RING RING!

"Hello!"

"Hi, Sicily, I'm having a book signing at the library today. I'd love to see you again!"

My brother. I loved him so much. He was the one man I could be around without getting... like that.

"Sure! I'll come. What time?"

"Well it starts at 11, but I was actually hoping we could hang out after it."

"Ooh, that sounds like fun."


When I got to the book signing, Christian waved at me from the table where he was giving autographs. The line was really long so I knew I would have to find a distraction for the time being. To my pleasant surprise, Cairo was also at the library. He was doing well, he had bought a house shortly after moving out. He was going for the magician career he always wanted and had booked a few gigs around town.


I spotted a cute guy in the corner, reading a book all by his lonesome. Perfect. He was wearing all white and he even had platinum blonde hair. He looked like an angel. I walked by him, pretending to trip. I made sure he got a good look at my ass.


"Oh my! Are you all right?"

He shot up out of his chair and grabbed my hand before I 'fell.' I leaned in close to his chest.

"You're quick on your feet."

I smiled at him shyly. "Thank you," I put my mouth as close to his ear as I could. I kissed his earlobe and he gasped.


"Wow, you're pretty forward."

"I know what I want when I see it."

He grinned at me and took my hand, leading me upstairs to one of the more secluded corners of the library. I liked that he was going along with my plan. Once we got to our destination, we started making out like giddy teenagers, tossing our clothes on the floor. I wasn't surprised at how fast he undressed, but I pulled away for a bit to check him out. Not bad, he had a nice six pack although his underwear was a little less than desirable. No matter, it's not like it's staying on long anyway.


"Mmm.. come here, baby," he said as he hugged me again. "Let's get those clothes off."

I put my arms around him and kissed him hard. The way he had so casually led me up here made me hot. He held my hands and put them up over my head, kissing my arms and chest. I was so turned on I shoved him backwards making some of the books on the shelf fell over. He laughed and undressed me. Then he grabbed my butt and squeezed. I stood very close to him and dropped his shorts, grabbing his firm ass.


He pushed himself inside and I was finding it very hard not to moan out loud. I breathed in his ear, nibbling on it. He went in deeper and my heart was beating so fast. The thought that we could get caught up here was making me even hotter.

"Do you think we'll get caught?" I asked him.

"Not if we keep quiet. People hardly ever come up here."

I mussed up his hair and tasted his soft lips, running my tongue along his teeth. "Mmm.. that was wonderful, sexy."

We put our clothes back on, and he had a goofy grin on his face. "Thanks for that," he said. "You made my day."


I made my way downstairs feeling satisfied. Christian was packing up his book table.

"Hey Sicily. Ready for lunch?"

"Yes."

I invited Christian to my place. We had grilled cheese sandwiches and then key lime pie.

"So how have you been, Sicily?"

"Mmm.. getting better, I think. Oh! I found some stuff out about Mom. She was in love.. with my dad. Did you know that?"


"No. I remember your dad as the guy who was all over Mom, but then he left the next day. I never saw him again after that."


"Apparently, he was married to some girl he worked with, but he never loved her. He married for the wrong reasons and he was stuck. They finally got together when my dad left her for Mom."

"That is good. Why was she so unhappy all the time then?"

"Well, they were attacked the night they came back from the courthouse. That was all I saw."

"Oh. Attacked how?"


"Well some guy was in the house and he fought with them. It seemed he was after my dad more than Mom, he mostly fought with her because she got in the way."

"This may sound weird, but some of the history I've dug up since I last saw you is similar. Do you remember Elizabetta, Alexandra's daughter? She too, got married, and then her husband died not long after."

I got a sad feeling inside. I was right. Any man who fell in love with me was destined for death. What I had told Austin when I had tried to break up with him was just something I had a hunch about. No wonder Tennan refused to be anything but my friend. Who knew love could be a bad thing? In this case, though, love was my curse.

8 comments:

  1. Yeesh, nothing like watching your dad's murder-in-the-making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a harsh vision.
    Also, I love how Sicily can't go anywhere without getting laid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a harsher one later on...
      LOL. She's definitely not going to go through a dry spell anytime soon.

      Delete
    2. LOL, yeah I like that too. Sicily can't even go shopping without ending up on her back!

      Delete
    3. Hahaha, =D No dry spells for this chick. LMAO.

      Delete
  3. That vision was certainly unpleasant. Then again, the truth isn't always pretty.

    I had to laugh when Sicily said her brother was the one man she could be around without getting ... like that. And, even when she goes to see Christian, she still manages to find another guy to "occupy her time." LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Sicily's parents had it rough. They had some excitement on their wedding night, but not the kind they were hoping for. :(

      LOL, I'm pleased that you're enjoying the little bits of humor I throw in here.

      Thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete