22 March 2013

Chapter 56: Registered


I had been thinking I should get a job because I wanted something else to do. I liked fishing and the last time I sold my catch to the grocery store, the employee who collected it from me said I could make more money if I registered as an angler. I didn't know why registering would make any difference, but I thought it couldn't hurt to do it if it meant more money. I went to City Hall to get more information about registering a profession. When I went into the self employment office, there was an adorable guy sitting behind the desk.


"Hi. I'm interested in registering to be a self employed angler." That's not the only thing I'm interested in, you sexy man.

"Hello. An angler?"

The cute guy looked in some drawers for paperwork, I'm guessing, and then looked up and smiled at me. He has such a nice smile... and that haircut.. mm-mm.

"Here's the paperwork for it. We don't have many beautiful women who sign up to be anglers."

Wow.. did he just hit on me? That is awesome. I want him. Stop staring, Sicily! He's handing you papers!

"Thank you. Can I fill it out here?"

Cutie smiled at me again and nodded.

"My name is Gavin, if you have any questions about the paperwork, I'll be right here to answer them."

As I sat down and tried to fill out my paperwork, I found myself getting really distracted by Gavin and thinking about what he looked like shirtless. He was reorganizing some stuff on his desk.


I sighed and tried to concentrate. The paperwork wasn't really that hard, I was just distracted. I'm not sure why Gavin would think I needed help with it... maybe he was hitting on me.

Name: Sicily Zenteri
Profession: Angler
Experience: Level 8
I do hereby register myself as a self-employed Sim of Ravenview and understand that I must adhere to the rules of self-employed earnings, in which I must save 15% of my income for tax season, since I will not have a portion of these earnings taken out automatically by a third-party employer.
Signature: 

Just as I was about to sign my name, I noticed Gavin had come over and was standing in front of me.

"How's it going?"

I stood up, putting the papers on the chair next to me. I stood close to Gavin and smiled seductively at his gorgeous face.


"I'm doing just fine, but this legal jargon is crazy," I lied. I knew exactly what the paper was telling me.

"It says that you have to remember to set aside money for taxes. So... how did a gorgeous woman like yourself become interested in fishing?"

Holy crap, he was hitting on me earlier, and he's doing it again... score.

"Well.. I have always liked hanging out with the boys," I said, tracing my finger down the front of his chest, "and I thought learning how to fish would allow me to meet more of them."


Gavin smiled at me. I hadn't noticed earlier, but he was wearing braces. I think it made him even cuter. I stared into his eyes, which were a pretty shade of blue-ish gray.

RING-RING-RING!

Damn it. This is not a good time. I looked at my phone, ready to silence it, but stopped when I saw the caller ID. - HOME -.




I was coming home from school, when I saw a tall guy in a suit playing the cello in our front yard. I had never seen him before, so I thought I should see what he wanted. 

"Hi, Mister. Who are you?"

"Hello. I'm your father."

"Wow, really? It's nice to meet you! Mommy told me you were coming to my birthday party but I didn't know what you looked like! Thank you for coming!"

"You're welcome, Kensington."

"Well, Daddy, you shouldn't stand in the yard, come inside! Mommy's at the City Hall getting a fishing job so she will be back later."


Daddy and I watched The History Channel. It's really interesting to learn about Sims who were living in the olden days.


"Hi Mommy!"

"Hello Kensington, what's up?"

"Daddy's here. Are you almost done with the City Hall?"

Damn it, was it already that late? I looked at the clock on my cell phone. 5:30pm. What the berry was I going to do with sexy Gavin?



"Ok, I'll be back. I just have to sign the paper."

"See you later Mommy! Love you."

"Love you Kensington."

Gavin stood there patiently through my whole phone call. I hung up the phone, stalling, trying to think of something to say to him that would guarantee I saw him again when he grabbed my hand.


"Meet me at Plasma 501 at 9pm. We can hang out more."


A cold breeze swept through the room. Even though I had a blanket on me, the chill dug down into the core of the mattress. I shivered and got out of bed.


"Vincent? What are you doing here?"

"Hello, Tennan. I am checking on your progress with Sicily. Has she been giving you trouble?"

"No, she's calmed down ever since the day she saved my life."

"How many children has she had?"

"Lucius is the nineteenth. Have you been able to find out the task yet?"

"I have had no luck with that, although I am certain now that it has something to do with quantity of children. All the others have had random numbers of children."

"What is the highest number anyone has had?"

"Sicily's mother Albany, holds the record with thirty-three."

"Wait, thirty-three? That's wrong. Sicily told me she was her mother's thirty-second child and that she was raised alone with no other siblings after her older brother moved out."


"The documentation we have at home shows thirty-three. Perhaps Sicily did not know about the other sibling. Looks like you have some more exploring to do, Tennan."


Guest Starring: Angel Costa by annasommer, Gavin Coleman by timlish/simswhen

Credit: Mypalsim's Poses for Sims 3

12 comments:

  1. Wait a minute. A random stranger stands in the yard, says "hi I´m your dad" and Kensington let´s him into the house?! o.O I think Sicily needs to have a talk with the boy...

    Love Gavin´s braces, too *g*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Maybe I didn't do a very good job explaining that part of the story. Sicily told Kensington that his dad would be coming to his birthday party around the time he got off school. I do see your concern, haha, Kensington letting random people in the house. Maybe I should rewrite that part so it's not so weird sounding. What really happened was that part of the story was planned by the game. For whatever reason, Angel came by and tried to come into the gate (which is forever locked to the household only cause Sicily's a celebrity and she gets hecklers). Angel couldn't get in because he had moved out long ago, and Kensington came home from school at the exact moment Angel pulled out a cello and started playing music in the yard. LOL. I thought it was cute since Angel was Kensington's father and that coincidence happened.
      I know right? Gavin's adorable.

      Delete
  2. Oh I would not rewrite it. It´s the little weird things that keep stories fun... btw, I wonder if anybody will ever find the grave mistake I made in one of my chapters. So far, nobody has mentioned it, teeeheee ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Meet me at Plasma 501 at 9pm. We can hang out more." GAVIN IS GETTIN IT ayyyy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fun to read I was laughing so hard like daaaamn looool

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's this? Sicily may have another sibling she didn't know about? Check it out, Tennan. You've got work to do. Oh, and watch the kids tonight, too. Sicily's meeting Gavin at the club later. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gasp* A plot twist! LOL. Tennan does now have a new assignment. o.O Hahaha, he's on that watching the kids thing. He's awesome... and so is Gavin.

      Delete