16 March 2013

Chapter 54: Complications

I had bought two cookbooks from the Ravenview Books & Noble after coming home. I was so proud of Iveron and I think I had cooking on the mind after we came back from Silicon Shores. Unfortunately, that wasn't the only thing on my mind. I was still thinking about Gustave and how much I missed him. I also thought about my uncompleted task that I had yet to find the answers to. I knew it had something to do with seducing men and having babies. Knowing this, I wanted to see Gustave badly, as thoughts of going to France again crossed my mind multiple times. I was afraid I had fallen in love with Gustave, but one good thing was he hadn't fathered any of my children so he was technically still safe. I was reading one of the cookbooks to try to distract myself from unhappy thoughts when an old lady came up to me and asked me for my autograph.


Since she was so nice and hadn't heckled me, I gave her my autograph. I wish I had gained my celebrity status by actually doing something myself, but it is what it is at the moment. I didn't really think it would make sense for me to get a job since I'd be on maternity leave pretty much all the time. I tried to sit down again, but by this point, news of my appearance at the bookstore had traveled, and plenty of people were surrounding me. Another lady took my seat on the bench, and I sighed as I walked away.


"OW! OW! OW!"

I didn't get very far when I felt my stomach feel like it was being ripped open from the inside.

"Holy shit! Sicily Zenteri is having a baby! Holy shit! AAAH!"

Ugh. This was a terrible start to my day. Luckily for me, everyone around me was too busy freaking out to snap embarrassing pictures of me on their cell phones. The pain came in spurts so I found an opening to get myself to the street so I could go to the hospital.


The nurse rushed me into the delivery room. My stomach was still hurting intensely, more so than with any of my other pregnancies. When we got to the room, I laid down and tried to push, but it hurt a lot, even with the drugs they had given me.

"Sicily, wait, the baby's head is facing the wrong way. This is a breech birth. We're going to need to do a Caesarean section to get the baby out, okay?"

"OW! Ok, OW! Do whatever you need to. OW!"

The nurse quickly wheeled me into the operating room. Someone put a mask over my face.

"Sicily, count down from 10."

"10-9-8..."

"OK, she's out."

BEEP-BEEP-BEEP.

I opened my eyes and found myself in a hospital room. Tennan was sitting next to me, holding my hand. I squeezed it to let him know I was awake.

"Hi, Tennan."

"Sicily, hey how are you feeling?"


"A little sore, but ok."

A nurse walked in smiling. She was holding a little baby with blue skin and a smile on his face.

"Hello, Sicily. Here's your baby boy. You should pick out a name for him."

"How about Kensington?"


"That sounds lovely. We'll keep you here for one more day, and then you should be able to go home ok?"

"Thank you."

The nurse left the room leaving me alone with Kensington and Tennan. There was a small crib in the corner for Kensington. Tennan smiled at me. I gave Kensington to Tennan and he put him in the crib.


"I brought a bag for you with some clothes."

"Tennan, thank you. Have you been here the whole time?"

"Yes, when the hospital called and said you were in surgery, I came as quickly as I could. I slept on that couch over there."

Tennan stayed with me the next night as well and when we were finally ready to go home, Kensington was all smiles.


4 comments:

  1. I love the name!
    And Tennan is such a sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. This chapter drove me crazy because this was the time Sicily broke. She kept going in to have the baby and she would respawn outside the hospital, never having the baby. I had to delete her and take her out of the Sim bin to put her back in the house. So of course she lost all the relationships she had and she was 'acquaintances' with the other children in the house instead of 'mother.'

      Delete
  2. I read your comment above. Is that why the baby's blue? I figured this must be Dr. Costa's baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The baby is blue because Sicily's skin tone is a very fair shade of blue. Yes, he is Dr. Costa's baby.

      Delete