31 January 2013

Chapter 9: Revelations

Mmmm... minty fresh. I had just had another bout of morning sickness. I felt a little better about it since I was wearing one of the new dresses that I had purchased from Raven 21. As a matter of fact, I was wearing the exact dress Joe had suggested I try on before... my lips turned into a wide smile when I remembered the incredible fitting room sex I'd had with Joe.


I was in a pretty good mood today despite the nausea. I was still feeling a little groggy so when I saw the ghost in my living room, I had to look twice before I believed what I was seeing. The ghost stood up and vaporized before I even had a chance to blink.


What the berry just happened? The ghost had a bright orange light surrounding it. Whose ghost was it? I hadn't remembered my realtor mentioning anything about this lot being haunted. Seriously. Did I really need more weird shit in my life? I picked up the pile of stuff I had brought home from my security deposit box and flipped through it. The only thing I had managed to look at closely was the letter from my mother. I glanced at some of the photos in the pile. They were all of fairly young Sims, some male, some female. I imagined they were probably taken a while ago, so who knows how old they were now? The only picture I recognized was one of my mother. She had the same hair color as I did, but she had bright green eyes. My father must have been the blue berry Sim, considering my skin looked nothing like my mother's and neither did my eyes.

I began to daydream about my father. I wondered if my mother had told my father about me or if she had just kept me a secret. Would he have loved me or been disappointed? What did he look like? What kind of person was he, flirty like me, or more reserved? Would I ever get to meet him? Could I even find him? Was he even still alive?


Alexandra spent the rest of her days locked in the dungeon room. Eleanor often forced men upon her, causing her to have four more children, who were all boys. Eventually, Alexandra committed suicide. Alexandra's oldest child, daughter Elizabeta, who had been born a witch, was also stripped of her powers. When Elizabeta turned eighteen, Eleanor banished her from the Zenteri estate, forcing her to fend for herself. Years later, Elizabeta was found hanging from the ceiling rafters of her small house. She left behind twenty children. Social workers split up the family and placed them in various foster homes.



The rest of the book read much like this, woman after woman committing suicide after having insane amounts of children, slowly giving up and then killing themselves. There were hangings, drownings, shootings, jumping off buildings, and overdoses. My family history was so depressing.


I wondered if my mother had also taken her own life. I hadn't gotten much information from the funeral home about her death, just that call asking me about the funeral arrangements. I had her buried at the Ravenview Cemetery on a small, humble plot. I didn't feel extravagance was necessary. I closed the book and the picture of the author caught my eye. He had the same bright green eyes that my mother did! I had seen this Sim somewhere.. the stack of photos from my mother! I jumped up, searching through the photos until I found the matching one.

I looked at the spine of the book. Christian Zenteri. I was excited. Maybe I could find him and talk to him about some of this stuff. Ever since Trent had died, I had kept my pain to myself. It would be great to perhaps have someone else to talk to about it. Maybe Christian could tell me more about our family, unveil some of the mystery that surrounds us. Wait... how the berry do I even find him? I had no contact information for Christian. I didn't even know if he lived in Ravenview.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"


I doubled over, feeling that familiar pain again. This time it seemed to be much more severe than my previous experiences. I had another girl, whom I named Britannia.

8 comments:

  1. And the baby machine hits again!

    I hope she can find her dad, but I'm not very optimistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, another mystery as she searches for her father, and for this Christian Zenteri (a brother, I'm guessing?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is getting to be a pro at giving birth! She is tougher then I am. Haha. Britannia is a pretty name. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she is pretty skilled at this. :) She's definitely a strong lady. Aww, thanks I like the name Britannia too. Sort of like Britney, but not as common. ;)

      Delete
  4. Ah, so Sicily DID get a new dress after all. :D I wonder who that ghost is. He's orange, so that certainly narrows it down. I'll be interested to see if she finds Christian and, if so, if he can help unravel the mystery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup she bought some new clothes. Haha. Yes the color of the ghost does narrow it down a bit. ;) Christian.... we'll see if she finds him. =)

      Delete