25 January 2013

Chapter 3: Research

Zenteri Family Spell Curse.



Search Results
Zenteri Family in Heated Feud
Zenteri Heirs Fighting Over Inheritance
Zenteri Curse



Zenteri Curse - Bay 6, Shelf 9



The Zenteris were a prestigious family of witches that emigrated to Ravenview from France in the year 1800. In these times, occult life states were heavily segregated. All life states kept to themselves and did not mingle among each other. To do so would have been suicide. In 1875, one of the Zenteri daughters met and fell in love with a vampire from the prestigious Agosti family. 

I blinked my eyes quickly, trying to comprehend what I had just read in that last sentence. Was that Trent's last name I saw? I decided to keep reading.

The two managed to keep their romance secret for a year, even eloping in that short amount of time. Sadly, one of the family members, Eleanor Zenteri, found out and had a fit as she was very traditional. She promptly killed the vampire with a fire spell. Then she cursed all future female offspring of the Zenteri family.The curse would cause misery and despair to occur all throughout the future offspring's lives.. In addition, all offspring would lose their powers and become human. I do not know if the curse can be lifted--

I threw the book on the floor in frustration. I now had more questions than answers. Trent might be a descendant of vampires?! The curse cannot be lifted?! I'm possibly a descendant of witches?! Some berryhole in my past had ruined my life? All the way from 1875? All because she fell in love and people didn't understand? Are you kidding me? I looked up and saw this man sitting across from me.


I decided to say hi. We got to talking and I noticed he was much, much cuter than when I had first looked at him. I had an uncontrollable urge to kiss him, to feel his body against mine. I took a shot in the dark and asked him if he wouldn't mind hanging out for a while. To my delight, he accepted my offer.


I whispered in his ear and had him hooked almost instantly. We walked back into a corner of the library and started heavily making out. His warm breath on my skin was comforting. I was glad to have him as a temporary distraction from all my troubles. It didn't take long before I felt his hand on my hip, and then on my butt.

He squeezed it and said, "How about we take this somewhere a little more private?"

I took him by the hand and led him to the bathroom. He put me up on the sink and we continued to explore each other's mouths. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he picked me up, where we went into one of the stalls. I pulled his shirt up over his head and unzipped his pants. He took my clothes off and put me around his waist again. He pressed me up against the wall and continued kissing me. He felt so good and so warm. I didn't want this to end.



"Hello, my sweet."


An orange haired man stands in a forest by a lake at nightfall. He has bright white eyes. He's wearing a medieval style outfit. He is talking to a blue haired woman, the same blue haired woman from my other dream. The woman has pink eyes and is also in medieval garb.

"Vincent! I am so glad you could make it. I am scared. People are gossiping. I am afraid we have not been careful enough."

"Gossiping about what?"

"They know that two different life states have been conversing among each other. I fear they know it is us. I fear they will tell Grandmother Eleanor. You know how powerful she is."

"It will be okay, Alexandra. My family is also powerful. If our love brings about a war, maybe we will have helped in taking the first step to abolishing segregation."

"Yes, but what if we are killed? Or worse, forced to live in exile from each other, never able to see each other again? I don't know if I can bear never seeing your face, feeling your kiss. Oh, Vincent!"

The two hug each other, Alexandra sobbing into Vincent's shoulder. Vincent's eyes fill with concern and he slowly closes them.


17 comments:

  1. This curse is very interesting... quite the history.... dating back to 1875... dang... it don't look good for sicily. Yikes... poor girl. I'm scared to know what will happen next, but I also have to know. LOL.... I am loving this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are enjoying it. Sicily has only tapped the surface of her extensive family history.

      Delete
  2. This is really interesting. I like the angle you are taking. Even though curses are pretty common as a reason in a 100 BC the approach you are taking isn't. She's compelled into wanting to bed these men and doesn't really understand what's going on. I'm definitely following this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. :) The 2 BC's I've read had revenge as the jumping off point. I wanted to make my story more complicated and take it further from just a simple 'hey you have a curse, have 100 babies.' Plus then I can weave mystery into the plot lines and prevent the story from becoming repetitive.

      Delete
  3. That was rotten of her grandmother to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was. Grandmother's an evil witch, literally.

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's quite the history you've established with the curse and the segregation of lifestates.
    What Elenor did was awful, but sadly not even unheard of in societies that have rigid caste systems. Well, the curse part not so much, but killing lovers who break caste, definitely.

    And it's interesting that Trent is also descended from the original pair. And that Siciliy has dreams about her ancestor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted this curse to be deeply rooted and complicated. Sicily's mysterious dreams are explained in future chapters. :o)
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  5. I love the whole curse idea! i cant wait to see where this all goes. I have a lot of reading to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Some people don't like curses because that topic's been overdone, but I was unaware of the fact that it had been overdone. LOL. I'm glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  6. Interesting curse, I like how it goes back in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =D I wanted to give myself a lot of material to work with since this is such a long challenge.

      Delete
  7. Well, Sicily's great-great+ grandmother was quite the wicked witch. Cursing all female offspring was a bit extreme, to say the least. Should be interesting how it all plays out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO. Well yeah, Sicily's great+ grandmother was an extreme bitch. She was very judgmental and was extremely offended when Alexandra dared to taint the family line with someone of a different supernatural state. Tradition was everything for her, and she didn't particularly care about the lives of anyone in the future so she decided to curse them all to make Alexandra feel guilty. Thanks for reading and commenting! =)

      Delete
  8. Hmm, why not just make out with a random guy... Sicily is my kind of girl! Haha.
    This curse is getting interesting though... I like this whole history between The Agosti and The Zenteris families. Witches and vampires and curses! Oh my! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Sicily's uncontrollable horniness can never be curbed. XD At least not till much, much later. Haha. Thanks, I wanted to make some medieval history thing that's deeply rooted in her family past. :D

      Delete