29 January 2013

Chapter 7: Shopping

"Holy Berry!" I screamed. Seeing someone get burned alive, even in a dream, was incredibly awful. This dream had felt especially real. Poor Alexandra. I had seen Trent die in front of me, but that was nothing compared to what she went through. How could people be so cruel? In a sense, I was glad my family had been the distant type because it sure seemed better than the meddlesome kind. I was a very independent person because of the way I was raised. I couldn't even imagine having someone control my life like that.


"OW OW OW OW OW!!!"

The familiar pain in my abdomen was here again. I was used to this, so much so that it was becoming a routine. I didn't think the routine was good, but I guess I knew what to expect. This must be what settling feels like. Ick. It didn't feel good.


This time I came home with a baby girl, whom I named Abriola. I put her in her crib and decided to curl up with a nice rom-com to cheer myself up. I needed to get the taste of settling out of my mouth.



"As for you, you insignificant little wretch, you are coming with me!"

Eleanor continues her hold on Alexandra and drags her back to the Zenteri estate. The gate is heavy so Eleanor uses a spell to open it since she has her other hand full carrying Alexandra.

"What are you doing, Grandmother?"

"I'm taking you home, where you belong, where you can't cause any more trouble to me or this family."

Eleanor heads up a winding spiral staircase that spans many floors. She goes down a long hallway until she reaches a dungeon-like door at the end. She unlocks the massive padlock with her wand and roughly throws Alexandra into the room. Alexandra glares at Eleanor, her eyes shooting darts in Eleanor's direction.

Then she points her wand at Alexandra and calmly says, "Pouvoirs disparaissent."

Alexandra doubles over, and starts screaming in pain as Eleanor shuts the dungeon-like door, grinning to herself.


I woke up, unaware that I had at some point fallen asleep again. I must have been more exhausted than I thought. These dreams were getting so intense. It seemed like the stuff of fairy tales and fantasy, not a regular girl's family history. I sat on the couch for a while, annoyed at my stupid life. Hm, at least I'm getting laid. I chuckled, glad I could still find laughter these days.


Shopping. Every girl needs a good shopping day. I hadn't had one of those in a while. Maybe that was the cure I needed to relieve my irritation. I was getting bored of my maternity clothes. I think I had maybe two different outfits. If this baby thing was going to keep happening to me, I really wanted some new clothes. I might as well make the most of this situation, weird and annoying as it was.


I was still a young woman, so I decided to hit up Ravenview's premiere clothing store for young people, Raven 21. The last thing I wanted was maternity wear that made me look like an old lady. When I stepped into the store, a young man with silky dark hair greeted me. He asked if I needed help with anything, but I declined, keeping him in my sights. I browsed the store for a while, then went up to the counter where he was sitting.

"Hello. I'm looking for something I could wear if I was pregnant."

"Well, most of the clothes are pretty tight fitting, but I think if you bought a size or two bigger, it would work."

"Thank you," I grinned shyly at him and continued to look through the racks. I could feel him watching me and I liked it. I spotted a shirt that was on a hook a little too high for me and purposely reached for it.

"Here, let me help you with that."

The young man was behind me in a flash. He took the shirt down and handed it to me.


"Thanks, again."

"My name is Joe, if you need anything else." He smiled, and I noticed his green eyes.

"A fitting room would be great."

"OK. Jane! I need cover on registers! Right this way. How many items do you have?"

"Hmm.. 5 I think."

"All right, here you go," Joe unlocked the fitting room door and held it open for me. "What's your name?"

"Sicily."

Joe wrote my name on the marker board that was stuck to the door. "Let me know if you need a different size."

"Actually, Joe, I was thinking you could stay in here with me. I need a second opinion on these clothes."

"Wow, I don't think that would be right. But I like the idea." Joe flashed me a naughty grin and shut the door behind us.


I began to get excited. Joe seemed to be just as risque as me.


Guest Starring: Joe Carella by annasommer

10 comments:

  1. Hehe, hello Joe. Wanna give it a go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I didn't even think of that! This is the best comment ever. :)

      Delete
    2. OMG ... I have to agree. Best. Comment. Ever! :D

      Delete
  2. Him and Sicily are gonna get it on in the next chapter I bet. Naughty, but lovin it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever do you mean? LMAO. This story is pretty much naughtiness, all throughout, except for the ancient curse. :D

      Delete
  3. Haha! "I need a second opinion..." Right... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Sicily will say anything to get a guy to come with her.

      Delete