17 May 2013

Chapter 65: Realization

NOTE: I recently got default skin and eyes for my Sims, so this is why they look different. Their eye and hair colors are all the same. Just FYI.

~ Late Knight Simmer ~



I storm into the house after that ever annoying bus ride and sit on the floor in the living room. Maybe I should play some video games to let out some of this aggression. Stupid Tina. I turn on the console, grab one of the controllers off its rechargeable stand, and spread all the games out on the floor because I don't know which one I want to play yet. When I do figure it out, I put it in the Xbox and start playing. After about five minutes, I see Mom come in out of the corner of my eye.


"Maximus? Sweetie, what's the matter?"

Mom's voice floats across the living room, and I feel a little calmer. She's always so relaxed and she can read me like a book. I don't know how she does it, but it's made me learn that I should just be honest with her because she will find out anyway. I like talking to her because I know that she cares about me. I continue playing the game, but of course, answer her questions as well.

"A girl on the bus was irritating me."

"Why? What did she do?"

"Well, she kept being clingy and touching me. I was trying to do my homework."


"Did you give her a reason to think it was okay to touch you?"

"Not today, but I did sleep with her the other day."

I know, I know, this is a weird conversation to be having so casually with your mother, but my family is unconventional. Besides, it's not like I'm giving Mom details because that would be weird.

"Oh, Maximus. Most people can't let go of things like that so easily. She probably thinks you like her."

"I don't get it, Mom, it's not like I told her I like her. It's just sex, it's fun. You never get all clingy with guys. Why can't the other girls be like you?"

"Max, I should tell you a story. Do you have time?"

"Yes, I do. I can pause this game."

Mom sits on the couch and pulls out a picture of a blonde haired guy dancing.


"I am in love with this man. His name is Austin. I can't be with him until I break the curse I'm under. If you are wondering why I sleep around so much, it's because I have to. The reason I don't get clingy is partly because it's not in my personality, but it's mostly because I love Austin, and I'll never love anyone else like I love him."

"Mom, that's why Helena always yells at you, isn't it? She doesn't believe that you're cursed, does she?"

"Yes, I think she believes I'm using the curse as an excuse to sleep around, but I know you don't think I am."

"You're right, I don't. What happened to Austin?"


"He's in Tennan's world right now, and he can't come back to ours because of the curse. Part of the curse is that anyone I fall in love with who tries to raise a family with me dies. I tried to break up with Austin to save his life, but he was willing to stay with me despite all of it. The next day, Austin was supposed to die when he went to work, a tree was supposed to fall on him and kill him while he was fighting a fire, but Tennan saved him. Austin was supposed to die in our world, so Tennan took him to his world, where he can remain alive in a temporary state of stasis until I can figure out how to break the curse."

"So it's like he's in limbo until you can figure it out?"

"Yes, Max, you're so smart."

Mom's eyes teared up as she told me her story, and I felt so bad for her. I'd never seen her so sad before.

"So you have to sleep around to break the curse?"

"Yeah, I'm supposed to keep having babies, and they all have to have different fathers. I don't know how many babies I have to have, but I'm guessing the number is very high. My mother also went through this, and she had thirty-two babies, I think. I might have a younger sibling, but I am still unsure."

"Your mom had to do it? So it's not just you that's cursed?"

"Yes, she had to, and no it's not just me. It's the Zenteri curse. It mostly affects females as we are the only ones who can get pregnant."

"Does that mean Helena is cursed too?"

"Technically, yes, but she's not going to want to believe that if I tell her. She's most likely going to have to find out the hard way."

"Is there anything I can do to help you?"

"Well, you could help babysit whenever I do have another baby. Sadly, there is nothing you can do to help me lift the curse. It's all on my shoulders."

"What happens if you decide to just quit having kids?"

"I'll be forced to commit suicide. My mother quit and she killed herself. That's why I don't want to quit, Max, and why I can't do what Helena wants and be a normal family. I don't want any other men to die because of me. Deep down, I'm a hopeless romantic, so I'm determined to get Austin back because my happily ever after is with him and him alone."

"Wow, Austin must be a really good guy. Do you need a hug, Mom?"

"Yes."


"Maximus, all of this that I told you is to let you know that love doesn't always have to be a bad thing, so you don't have to run from it so hard, okay? I'm not saying you should find a girlfriend, but you don't have to be so aggressive about not having one."

I'm suddenly not angry anymore as I hug Mom. I had no idea her curse was that evil, I thought it was just an annoyance to her. I feel so bad for her that she lost her guy, and I'm in awe that she loves someone that much that she's willing to look bad in everyone's eyes, even her own daughter's, so that she can save him. I hear people talking about her sometimes and how slutty she is. They think she's just an uncaring person. That must be what love is, going to the depths of hell for the person you love, dragging yourself through the mud if you have to. Mom always smacks me in the face with her wisdom. I find it ridiculously awesome that she has that ability. It's time for me to go for a swim. I've got some stuff to think about.


Why do I have such a problem with relationships? I don't like being tied down to anything or anyone. I want to be free to live my life. Mom was so sad when she talked about Austin, though, so I get the feeling that she didn't feel tied down when she was with him. That must mean it is possible to love someone and not feel tied down or trapped. I'm really glad Mom doesn't want to quit because I'd be so sad if she committed suicide. That's such a horrible curse. Mom is so strong for living with that every day hanging over her head, yet she's always smiling and taking care of Helena and I.


Mom's words resonate in my head, I'm not saying you should find a girlfriend, but you don't have to be so aggressive about not having one. I think that's why Helena drives me crazy when she gets on my case. She's pushing me to pick one of the girls as my girlfriend, which is different from Mom's approach of I don't need to pick anyone if I don't want to, but I shouldn't go around leading people on when I really am not interested in them. I know I don't want a relationship, at least not right now, anyway, but Mom's eyes when she talked about Austin and how much she loves him did make me realize that it is worth it someday.

8 comments:

  1. Aww.. What a nice bonding moment for Sicily and Max.. Despite how sad her curse it, it was a nice story and I think Max understands things a lot better now. Yay Max! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Haha, Sicily has the magic touch with her children, despite outward appearances. She's really good at bonding with them, and she loves all of them so much, even when they act like man whores. ROFL. Yeah, Max is aware of his actions now, he's still pretty flirty, but he's less of a jackass. Haha.

      Delete
  2. Another great chapter. I like the new skin. I wish I was brave enough to just up and get a default replacement, but I'm just not.

    Max is growing up. :)
    It was especially sweet when he asked his mom if she needed a hug. That was a real 'Awwwww' moment.
    He needs to not be so hard on himself and others and tell that girl that he's not interested with an apology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, getting the new skin was just a random spur of the moment decision. I'm glad it worked well. I especially love their eyes now. Haha, Max is a teenager, he was just trying to have fun without really understanding the consequences, but deep down, he's not a bad person. He just needed some info. =D He's still flirty, as that's one of his traits, but yeah. He won't be so obnoxious about it. He also loves Sicily a lot, so he takes what she says seriously.
      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad Sicily had a talk with Max. He needed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, he was being quite the man whore. LOL.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely heart-to-heart conversation Sicily had with Max. He's intelligent enough to understand that things aren't always what they seem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sicily loves all her kids, and it is showcased more when I like the kid too, LOL. Max is really smart and open minded so he was willing to listen to everything Sicily said to him.

      Delete