16 April 2013

Chapter 60: France

I love Mom's cooking. She made ratatouille and it's so good, even though it's leftovers. I am a reporter for the Ravenview High Times, the lead reporter. The boss at the newspaper wants me to go to France to interview someone. I think that's a bit crazy considering it takes a lot of time to travel, especially since it's not like traveling to another city in Simerica, it's really serious traveling. Mom has a tshirt with the Eiffel Tower on it, so I think she likes France too. I'm going to talk to her about this assignment I have. I hope she's not too busy to take me there.


"Hey Mom? I have an assignment for my reporter job that requires me to go to France. Is there any way you can take me there? I know it's far away and it's kind of asking a lot, but I'd really like to try to do it. They're going to pay me and improve my school performance."

"Well, I don't know, Lucius. Why don't you put Helena in her crib after you're done with breakfast? Then maybe."

"Okay."


Mom looked kind of spaced out when she said that. I wondered if she was all right. I went into the living room and saw Helena rubbing her eyes.

"Hey, little Helena. Are you okay?"

"Wusee-us! I'm sweepy."

"Well I'm going to take you to bed."

"Tank you."


After I came back into the kitchen, Mom sat down next to me. She smiled at me.

"Lucius, I was just messing with you. You didn't have to put Helena to bed for me to take you to France. I actually have a guy I like who lives there and I was thinking of going to visit him. It's really convenient that your assignment is requiring you to go there and not somewhere else."

"Mo-om!"

I whined a little, but I thought what she did was kind of funny.


"What's your assignment about?"

"I have to interview a French local for a cultural article. When did you go to France?"

"A while ago, before you were born. It was my first time traveling, and I met my friend, Gustave."

"So... when we go to France, can I go exploring on my own?"

"As long as you keep your cell phone on and call me once a day to let me know where you are."


"Is it dangerous there?"

"No, not really, but there are some underground tombs that have secret passages and things that sometimes get stuck. I just don't want you to get lost or hurt. It would also be good if you came back to the hotel by midnight. Does that sound fair to you?"

"Yeah, sure!"

"Okay, let's go pack a bag and then we can leave."


Lucius and I had just gotten off the flight. I had found our luggage in the baggage claim and exited to the receiving area of the airport, where I found a smiling Gustave holding up a sign with my name on it.

"Gustave!"


"Sicilee! Bonjour!"

Gustave hugged me tightly as I quickly set my bag down and kissed him.

"It's so good to see you again. I missed you, Sicilee."

"I missed you too."


"Gustave, this is my son, Lucius."

"Hello Lucius, bonjour. Welcome to France. Come, I'll drive us to the hotel."


I walked into Helena's room when I heard her stir in her crib. It's nice having heightened senses because I can usually tend to her before she even needs to cry. Sicily took Lucius to France with her this morning. She was going to visit Gustave again, and Lucius had a school project involving France. This left me alone with Helena, which is a much needed break from all the time traveling I'd been doing lately.

"Good morning, Helena."

"Mowning, Tennan."


"What do you want to do today, Helena?"

"I want to wawk wike you."

"Oh, you want to learn how to walk?"

RING-RING-RING.

"Tennan, what's dat?"

"Oh, hang on, it's my phone."

"What's phone?"


"Shh, Helena. Later."

"Ok."

"Hello, Tennan. It's Father. I found someone that will help us if Eleanor becomes a problem. His name is Gavroche Dalziel and he is a witch who lives in Ravenview. He is very powerful and he plays for the good side. I have filled him in on our situation, and he was very understanding."

"Father, that's great news."

"Yes it is. Goodbye now, Tennan."


"What's phone?"

Helena still remembered what she was asking before I had my phone conversation. She was a smart little girl. I was thinking about what my father said. I was really glad that he had found a resource for us in case the worst happened to be true.

"A phone is something we can use to talk to people who are not in the same place we are."

"Wow, cool!"

"Do you want to walk now?"

"Yes, yes!"


I picked Helena up and propped her up. Then she let go and I walked a little further back. She had great balance for her very first time. When I told her to come to me, she successfully did it on her first try.

"Tennan! I did it, I did it!"

"Yes, you did, wonderful!"


Ater a successful walking lesson, I fed Helena again and then put her in her crib. I was out in the garden tending to the plants when I heard an annoying voice at the front gate.

"Ugh! Why is this gate locked? I just want a picture of Sicily Zenteri."

I sighed as I realized it was another paparazzi coming to annoy Sicily. Unfortunately they annoyed me as well even though they didn't care about getting my picture.


I was getting angrier as the paparazzi woman continued to yell about not being able to come into the property. My hands clenched into fists at my side as I walked over to the woman. I could have used my vampire speed, but I wanted to scare her away slowly. She really was ruining my night.

"I would appreciate it if you would leave this property."

"Who the hell are you?"

"Wow, you are extremely rude. You shouldn't even be here. The fact that I was on the inside of the gate means I am someone who lives here, that is who I am, and that is all you will be finding out about me. I would appreciate it if you leave now."


I repeated myself with a little more anger in my voice because she didn't seem to be the kind of person who understood kindness. I was prepared to scare the shit out of her if need be because that was what usually worked on these paparazzi. They claimed to be all brave, getting the story no matter what, but when they came up against me, they always cowered in fear.

"What if I don't leave? Are you going to call the cops?"

"No. I have ways of disposing of people that aren't common."

I spoke these last few words eerily and made sure to bare my fangs.


"Holy shit."

The paparazzi made the sign of the cross on her chest and backed away from me. Then she turned and ran away. I like having that effect on people.


Gustave drove us to the hotel. The three of us got out of the car and went into our room. I put our luggage down and Lucius said he was going to find someone to interview. He went off on his own, leaving Gustave and I alone.

"Sicilee, do you want to go to the nectary again?"

He read my mind. I also wanted to go to a museum this time around. I was so glad to be here again and spend some time with Gustave. My heart was beating really fast again, just as it had the first time I was here.

"Oui, Gustave."

"Oh, tres bien, Sicilee. Your French is good."

Gustave was so adorable. All I had said was yes.


When we got to the nectary, Gustave went into the tasting room and got some drinks for us. The wine was white and sweet. I liked how it tasted as the liquid ran down my throat. I made a mental note to buy a bottle of this stuff before leaving the nectary.

"Sicilee, is there anything you want to do today?"

"I want to go to the Louvre."

"Oui, that is a good idea."


We drank a lot. When I say a lot, I mean a lot. It was getting dark by the time we realized we had spent the entire day at the nectary. I guess it happens when the wine is so tasty. I was getting tired, but I wanted some loving from Gustave. I stopped myself from getting another drink and instead went out into the store portion of the nectary and picked up a bottle of the wine Gustave and I had just been sampling. Gustave walked up to me and hugged me. I think the museum would have to wait another day because tonight all I wanted to see was Gustave.


6 comments:

  1. It was cute/funny how he gushed over her saying oui lol.

    Wow, a high school sending him to do a report in France? hehe, yeah I know it's an opportunity. :) Still, that's what I say to the phone call when my sims get it.

    Mhm, drunk loving from Gustave. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yeah it's that opportunity that I always thought was like, what kind of weird ass school would send someone to a different country for an assignment? A Sims school. Ha-ha. I don't do a whole lot with the kids so I thought it would be fun to try doing more with them. Can't guarantee that I'll always want to do that, there was one of her kids I wanted to kick out of the house prematurely, LOL. Gustave missed her soooo much so when she spoke French he was like 'woo!' I set them on free will and told them to go to the nectary, and they kept drinking. They both got the nauseous moodlet. ROFL. And Gustave has a "woohoo with Sicily" wish... two of them. O_O

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy Sicily gets to have som fun with Gustave. I worry things will go to shit though. But this chapter ends on a nice note. =D

    Also, I'm looking forward to meeting this new witch Tennan's dad called about, Gavroche...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's true, there is always a chance that Sicily's life will go to shit, usually when she least expects it. Yes... Gavroche, hopefully he is a good witch as Tennan's father says...

      Delete
  3. When I first read that Lucius had to interview a French local, I thought he might interview Gustave. I love the shot of Gustave holding a sign that says, 'Sicily.' Great job with that. He looks so excited to see her. The nectary seems to be 'their place.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nectary holds special memories for both of them, even if it was just sex. LOL. Aww thanks, I reread this and saw that sign, and was like, oh yeah, I made that, hahaha. Thank you. :) Yeah, I didn't really have interviewing Gustave in mind, I was just thinking about Sicily and Gustave's reunion. XD

      Delete