12 April 2013

Chapter 59: Possibility

 All the things society has taught me are lies. Everything I learned in school when I was a child was a lie. I hope I can bridge the gap between our species. Things are sort of progressing because there's one school in town that is a mixed species school, the first of its kind where witches and vampires can attend together. People still get bullied on both sides, however. I don't believe that witches are our enemies. I have a friend who is a witch and she is kind and sweet. I saw her in the park one day, some vampire girls were teasing her. One of them must have said something very rude because she started crying. I went over to her cautiously because I knew she would probably be startled to see a male vampire approaching her.

"Are you okay?"

She glared at me, as I expected, and took a harsh tone with me.

"What do you care? I'm a witch and you're a vampire."


"I'm not like the other vampires who can't see past what a person is. I don't believe there should be hate between our species."

Her eyes softened for a minute, but then she glared at me again.

"How do I know you're telling me the truth and not just trying to get something from me?"

"Well, would telling you that I'm the one who has been putting the Love Not Hate posters around the school help you believe me?"

"Not unless you had one right now to give to-"

I put a poster in her hand since I was carrying a stack of them in my arms. I had just gotten done putting them up for the day.


"Now do you believe me?"

She looked at me and nodded.

"Are you the one who has that after school club for both witches and vampires?"

"Yes. Would you like to come sometime? The vampires who go to the club are open minded like me."

"Ok. My name is Iliana, by the way."

"I'm Valparaiso."


I have to tell Sicily about what my father and I just theorized. I also have to figure out what her mother did with Sicily's sibling, whether she had the baby or not, and if there's residual magic somewhere in her bloodline. It's going to be a busy month, if not longer.


When I arrive at Sicily's house, she's teaching Helena how to talk. I'm still so in awe of Sicily, she is such a fighter and I'm honored to be her protector.

"Can you say house, Helena?"

"Ho-w-s!"

"Good job, baby."



"Sicily."

I nearly jump out of my skin when I hear Tennan's deep voice behind me. He's always so quiet when he moves, like a ninja. I didn't even hear him come in or use the door, but I'm glad to see his sexy face again.


"Hi Tennan. Welcome back."

"Thanks. Sicily, I have some things to tell you that are quite serious."

"Ok."

"Do you remember anyone in your family being able to use magic? Even if it was just a little?"

"No. The only people I remember are Christian and my mother, and they didn't use magic. Why do you ask?"


"Well, my father thinks that someone in your family may have some residual magic that they are using to make it harder for me to find things out about your past."

"There's a bad person in my family who wants this to keep happening to me?"

"Yes, it's a possibility."

"What about my other sibling? The baby my mother was pregnant with that I never met."

"That's where I got stuck. Usually when I'm sending you dreams, I naturally get to a point where I can't see anymore and I have to take a break. This time, however, I got stopped early, as if something was purposely blocking me. That something felt an awful lot like dark magic, which brings me back to my ultimate concern. If there is no one with residual magic in your family, then Eleanor may still be alive, and she could be the one preventing me from moving forward."


Oh dear, not Eleanor. I saw what she did to Vincent and I really hope she's not alive to repeat that with Tennan. I'm not sure what to say right now because I'm worried. Luckily for me, Tennan can read my mind.

"I will do my best to be cautious. My father's also watching out for me. It will be okay, Sicily. Just keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary and let me know about it straight away."


Tennan gives me a reassuring smile and I want to jump him. Stop it, Sicily. That's what Eleanor... the curse wants you to do. It's counting on you to screw up your own life. I really need that trip to France right now. Instead of doing what I really want to do, which is put Helena down and make out with Tennan, I let him know that I'll tell him if I see anything weird. I try to go back to teaching Helena, but I can't get Eleanor out of my head. My crazy ass great, great, great, great times infinity grandmother. I can't believe I'm related to such scum.


I headed to bed to try to calm myself, hoping I would feel better in the morning. When I got up, Kensington was awake and packing his stuff. He had grown up and was ready to get his own place. I was going to miss him.

"Hi, Kensington. I'm going to miss you. Do you need any help packing?"

"No, I think I'm just about done... but I want you to have this."

Kensington turned around and handed me a present. It was his Prom King crown, complete with his name engraved in it.

"Oh, honey, thank you."

"You're welcome. I'll call you when I'm all settled in."

"Ok, I love you."

"Love you too, Mom."


I watched as Kensington gave Helena a hug before he left.

"Hey little lady, be good for Mommy, okay?"

"Ok, Kensi!"

"Love you, Helena."

"Wuv you Kensi."


My heart was sad as Kensington waved goodbye. I think I was overly emotional today because of what Tennan had told me. I couldn't let Eleanor get to me. Tennan didn't even know for sure if she was still alive, so I really shouldn't worry about things that were out of my control. I figured the best way for me to stay sane was to just continue on with life as best I could. I had received a letter from Gustave saying he'd love to stay at the hotel with me if I visited him. I was glad to have Gustave as a friend, and  in a way, I was glad he lived in France because I felt like I could escape to him when I needed it.

8 comments:

  1. Oh- oh.... I just hope Sicily is right abouth being relatively save in France...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too... for her sake. Poor little Sicily, constantly getting tortured...

      Delete
  2. Neat how she's wearing that shirt while thinking about France.
    Good for her resisting the temptation to jump Tennan - again. Although, he might would stop it should it happen.
    Helena is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, I wondered if anyone would catch that about her tshirt. I dressed her in it after she found Gustave and then she kept thinking about France. Sicily will not be doing anything sexual with Tennan ever since she knows the seriousness of what that entails. Even though the curse gives her that crazy desire, she now has a mental block she gives herself when it comes to Tennan. Thanks, I thought Helena was the most adorable little thing I'd ever seen so I had to take screenshots of her. Turns out she got Sicily's eyes and Gavin's hair. When she was born her eyes were darker. :D Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. Aw, Helena is so cute!
    I hope Siciliy is right about France being a safe haven for her. And that her relationship with Gustave doesn't make him the curse's next victim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Gavin definitely makes some damn fine babies. LOL. I hope Gustave continues to be in Sicily's life too, he's such a nice guy!

      Delete
  4. It's a good thing Sicily has Tennan so he can help keep her safe. I'll be happy if/when Sicily gets to visit Gustave again. He's such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Tennan is a mighty sexy, I mean, powerful asset. LOL. Hahaha. Gustave is awesome, we'll be seeing him again throughout the story. :) I love him too much not to keep him a constant character.

      Delete