17 May 2014

Wellington 2: Surprises


I woke up in the middle of the night around 4:59am, feeling like shit. My stomach hurt, and I felt like I was going to throw up. I thought back to that night three weeks ago, when I'd had sex with Thomas. I wasn't stupid, and I knew that this kind of shit happened when a woman was pregnant. I'd never been pregnant before, as Thomas and I had not spoken about children when we got married. We were just content living our lavish lifestyle and not giving a fuck about anything except the things we could afford. I had always thought those women who used a baby as a last ditch attempt to save their marriage were stupid, but a little voice in the back of my head did wonder if that worked at all. I knew Thomas wasn't thinking of leaving me because in his head, we probably had the perfect marriage. He could cheat out in the open and he could always come home to me because I didn't care about his extramarital affairs. I never really thought about leaving him either because of the same reason.


I checked my teeth in the mirror, making a mental note that I'd need to pick up some whitening trays for them if I was going to be barfing for the next couple of months. I couldn't let myself go even if I was pregnant. I loved looking at myself in the mirror, and I knew I would hate doing it if I gained more weight than I needed to during my pregnancy. My thoughts drifted off again to Thomas, and what his reaction would be if I told him the news. Would he help me raise the child? Would he just scoff at me and not give a shit? Sadly, I had a feeling the latter was going to be the reality. I was knocked out of my thoughts by Thomas, who surprisingly wanted to hang out with me. Little did I know though, he just wanted a massage. Prick. Thomas and I went upstairs to the pool room, where he laid down on the massage table. I calmly applied some massage oil on my palms, rubbing them together. Then I punched Thomas once in the middle of his back.


"OW! Bitch! What kind of a massage is this?!"

"That's for ripping my nightgown off!"

"You're still mad about that? Stupid woman, holding grudges over a piece of clothing. We're rich, remember, you can just get yourself another one, which you clearly have already."

I elbowed Thomas and the look on his face was priceless.


After torturing him a little bit, I began his actual massage. He did have some knots in his shoulders and the middle of his back, probably from being such a dick all the time. I was enjoying the feeling of his muscles under my hand, as well as the sight of his shirtless torso. In a very large way, I had been taking my anger out on him during the beginning of this, not only because of the night we spent together, but also because I was hiding my fear of telling him I thought I might be pregnant under the guise of fury. Luckily for him, he didn't know any better, as he just thought I was angry, and not in the least bit scared.


Over the next few days, I got confirmation of my 'condition,' when my normal clothing started feeling like it had shrunk. I supposed I should suck it up and tell Thomas about it, despite my reservations. I was unaware if Thomas would even notice that I was pregnant if I didn't tell him. I thought he might, considering he liked to make fun of me if I wasn't in perfect shape, not that I had ever given him the chance to see me in such a state, considering I liked to look good. Surprisingly, Thomas was in our master bedroom, which I found odd, and a little comforting as well. I started feeling more confident that Thomas might be okay with having a baby with me. I stopped him on his way out of the bedroom, and prayed to the heavens that he wouldn't be too mean when he heard the news.


"Thomas, I have something to tell you."

"What in god's name are you wearing, Sierra?"

"Shut up, Thomas, I'm pregnant. This is the only thing that fits."

To my utmost shock, Thomas' eyes lit up in a way I had never seen them light up before. Perhaps he did like children, perhaps he wasn't incredibly repulsed by the fact that I was still his wife, no matter how unhappy we were in our marriage. He even smiled at me. I was very confused, but somewhat excited as well.


"You're pregnant? We haven't ever really talked about children, but that's great. I don't know, maybe that's what's wrong with our marriage. Maybe we should have talked about it."

"What's that supposed to mean? You need someone else to be here? I'm not enough for you?"

"No... I don't know what I meant. I mean, you have to admit our marriage is pretty terrible. We spend no time together, and the time that we do spend together is just... maybe we were stuck in a rut and we didn't know how to change it. Maybe this is going to be enough of a change to pull us out."

"I guess... I never thought you loved me. We were naive when we got married, like I know that we were expected to get together, in not so many words, but did you love me when we did, or did you just marry me out of obligation?"


The surprises just kept on flowing today. Thomas put his arms around me like a real husband, splaying his fingers out on my lower back, and pulling me close to his body, not at all repelled by my lack of a figure. He looked down, closing his eyes as if he was ashamed about his answer to my question. I put my forehead close to his and put one arm around his neck, playing with his hair with my other hand. I savored this moment as long as I could because I didn't know how long it would last. Right now his actions were telling me he did love me, but he acted so much like he didn't all the time that I had forgotten.

"Sierra, I came into the bedroom that night because I missed you. When you hit me, I got pissed at you because all I wanted to do was have sex with you. I know I've been a shitty husband for the better part of our marriage, but I do have feelings for you. I didn't marry you out of obligation, I just lost my way from you somehow. Do you love me?"

I didn't know how to answer him at that moment. I didn't want to spoil the mood, but I had felt so dead inside as far as love went lately that I honestly didn't know if I loved him, or if I ever did. I must have felt something for him, enough to marry him, and I knew that I did miss him when he was away, usually after a few days of getting over being upset about him cheating on me. I'd just long for him to treat me like I was important. Then he'd act like an asshole again, and I'd forget the love, or possibly bury it deep in my soul.


"Yes, Thomas, I do, all I want is for you to treat me like I'm your wife. I mean, I've slept with other people too, but I only started after the first time you strayed. I don't know why you do it, but it's made me build a wall up when it comes to you most days, and that's why I'm so distant from you."

"Maybe this baby can be our new start. What do you say?"

"I'm just so happy you didn't make a face at me and walk out of the room. I was scared of that."

"I'm sorry, Sierra."

"Me too. Would you like to sleep in our master bedroom tonight?"

"I'd like that very much."


We went our separate ways for the remainder of the day. When night fell, I got ready for bed, and Thomas still hadn't shown up. I was starting to get upset, not understanding why he went out of his way to be so kind to me if he was just playing me. It's not like he had to manipulate me, considering we insulted each other regularly, and were both seemingly fine with it. I didn't know if it was my overactive hormones, or if I really wanted him to be true to his word. Why was my marriage so confusing?


When I had almost given up, the door opened and Thomas walked in wearing his pajamas. He had come. I smiled at him for the first time in forever, and that night, Thomas and I slept in the same bed together, our bed, snuggled in each other's arms, like a real husband and wife.

20 comments:

  1. Thomas will be out of the house anyways, right?
    I still feel like their relationship will break apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, maybe, maybe not. She won't have any more children with Thomas because I'm using different daddies, but the way I'm writing the story, having it be more story focused, how soon he leaves is really up in the air.

      Delete
  2. i'm glad they are at least getting along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they managed to put aside their differences for a little while. :)

      Delete
  3. Well if you are planning on framing each and every one of the 100 kids to come with an elaborate story like that one, I am very much looking forward to reading 100 short stories =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey anna! Welcome. :) Thanks for checking this out.
      I hope you are also looking forward to reading one big story because I am planning on that instead. XD
      When I said I was going to sort of "separate the kids into groups of 10" I just meant like name wise, and after every tenth child, Sierra would go through a major life change, so that it helps me focus the story so I don't lose track of what the fuck I'm doing like I did last time. XD

      Delete
    2. Hey! *waves* ^^
      Booo, big stories... wait a minute, that's what I always do, right? Dangit *lol* no worries, I will lurk as per usual :)

      Delete
    3. Hi. :) *waves back*
      LOLL, I know you're being sarcastic, since all my stories are big stories, and you read them all. XD
      Despite me seeing your sarcasm, LOL, I enjoy the buildup that comes with large stories, it's too hard to build suspense with a short story because by the time there's time for it, the short story is over. -_-

      Delete
  4. I'm glad Thomas is happy about the news and they managed to not fight, I just hope they realize that babies are a lot of work (provided one of them doesn't want to just hire every nanny in town to watch the child) and aren't a magic fix-a-relationship potion... maybe they'll realize that and that's why Thomas moves on/out? Either way, I'm excited to read chapter three and can't wait to see the rest of the story unfolds! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Thomas has the same outlook on life as Sierra, he likes their life because they're rich, and he did like Sierra at some point in time, it's not like they can't stand each other, they just bicker a lot. Something to change them just existing in their house made Thomas feel a little bit of hope about things, that maybe they could have something different, something better.
      Sierra knows in her heart babies don't fix anything, as I mentioned in the chapter, but she does wonder about that statement and why so many women believe it so much. I'm not telling why or how Thomas moves on or out, the story will tell you as I write it, LOL. :)

      Delete
  5. It's cute that he at least wants to make a go of it, how long it will last...... But hey, Sierra needs support right now and if Thomas is going to put on his big boy pants and be there for her he gets props from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their relationship is complicated to say the least. Most of the time they bicker among each other, but it's not out of pure hate, it's just because of the way their life isn't really fulfilling to either of them. Thomas is wondering if they need some sort of pick me up, and change is always something that can help... but it can also hinder, it's just the risk they're going to have to take.

      Delete
  6. That was a nice turnaround. They were actually communicating and getting along for a little while. We'll have to see whether it sticks or they revert to their selfish ways. Anxious to see the first baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah they bicker, but they don't exactly hate each other, they just... things aren't happy for them since they didn't exactly choose to marry each other, and they haven't figured out how to learn to love. LOL, once the kid arrives, it will be fun to see how they handle it. Neither of them are really family oriented people. XD

      Delete
  7. I'm really curious what's going to happen with their marriage once she starts having kids with other guys and then there's the whole what's going to happen after this baby arrives. A very stressful time for most couples.

    It's nice that Thomas was so supportive and seems to be trying. Neither of them seem to be the most nurturing people. . .makes me wonder what they'll be like as parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their marriage is pretty much a roller coaster ride, with the bickering that they do so much. They do tolerate each other on a certain level however, or they would have divorced a long time ago, and sometimes, they can find common ground and perhaps a little love, like they did in this chapter.

      Haha, it is a little worrisome, isn't it? XD Thomas does enjoy the idea that their life will change after the baby comes because he thinks they probably need some sort of change, so he's willing to give it a shot. Yeah, they're not family oriented, but they also don't hate children, so it will be interesting to see how they handle the new arrival.

      Delete
  8. I loved this chapter. I can't believe she can be so forgiving (but then, Gloria's lack of the forgiving trait is merely an exaggerated version of mine), but it's good for her.

    Then... I read the comments.
    DO HUH?
    No! I don't want 'em to break up.
    Sigh.
    Well, I did say I loved the tension and confrontations in the first chapter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay. Sierra's very forgiving, plus she does sort of like Thomas deep down somewhere, they're just really bad at communicating that to each other. LOL. Gloria... she makes me nuts, mypalsim, nuts. XD

      Awww, haha, Thomas is still hanging around so far, even in the newest chapter I'm writing, and there's tension and bickering continuing on, so no worries there. Since I write on the fly, things might change, I don't really know what I'm going to do down the road, but nothing's saying if Thomas and Sierra get a divorce that they'll completely be out of each other's lives forever. So don't be sad. :) LOL. I just needed some sort of dividing line for this story where things change so I can continue to make it good. :)

      Delete
  9. Sierra's pregnant..congratulations? Lol. It's nice that Thomas was supportive and everything but I really don't know if a baby will make things better for them....They cheat on each other and Idk... We'll see :S

    "OW! Bitch! What kind of a massage is this?!" OMFG Lol that was hilarious.

    I feel like Sierra is a little vain like I understand that she wants to keep herself in good shape and everything but looks aren't everything...Eventually she will get old and her skin will start to sag...And she's pregnant...She's going to get a little fat, there's no avoiding that lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Sierra doesn't know if she wants to be congratulated either, so no worries there. Haha, when his Sim made the happy face after she told him about the pregnancy I was like, okay, happy moment for them... for now. >:D

      Haha, glad you liked the massage part. XD

      One of Sierra's trait is Snob, so to her, looks are everything. She's not going to put the baby in danger by not eating for fear of getting fat, however, cause she's not dumb, but she will be working extra hard to shed the baby weight once it's born. Sierra would beg to differ on your thoughts about getting older, she says that's what plastic surgery and skin firming creams are for. ROFL.

      Delete