12 February 2015

New Story

I started a new story... not replacing anything else, no nothing like that. I'm probably crazy, but eh, whatever. While I was taking a break from Sierra's mansion construction, I decided to make up my own Sims3 challenge, which is a makeover challenge. The basic idea is I always make my own Sims when I start a story, so I thought I would throw a wrench into my own plans and play with a townie. Before you cringe and run for your toilet, that's where the makeover portion comes in. I took a townie, made them over, facial features and all that are fair game, and started playing with them. The goal is to pick one Sim world you have, I chose Appaloosa Plains, and makeover all the Sims in the town. When you're done making over all the original households, you complete the challenge. You fulfill the Sim's lifetime wish before you can move on to a different household and give them a makeover. Anyway, all the details are at this post.


Now, the story came about when I was testing the challenge to see if it was do-able, and if it was any fun. I used my Ass Ugly blog, remember Nubby's unfortunate existence [?] and I revamped it since it was just laying around collecting dust in my Blogger list. I kept all of Nubby's chapters, just shoved them into the Archives, much like I did with Sicily's chapters on this blog. The blog's now a combination of set up posts and chapter posts. Set up posts are me testing things out, talking out loud, trying to figure out what needs to be done to make the challenge work, and then I tweak the rules when I find stuff I either forgot about or need to change. Chapter posts are the story I'm writing as ideas come to mind. It's a bit of a practice story because I'm using the stuff in the game to make up a plot rather than what I usually do which is make up a plot and then get pictures of the Sim doing what I want. If you'd like to check out the new story, you can do so at the links below.


2 comments:

  1. Ooo! Sounds interesting; I love challenge stories and this sounds especially wonderful, I'll be sure to check it out. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah this is my little experimental story I thought I'd share. LOL. There will be a lot of growing pains that it goes through I'm sure. I hope you enjoy. :)

      Delete