09 February 2014

I Don't Know Anymore...

I've been doing some thinking about this story, and I just don't know anymore. I used to be filled to the brim with ideas for this thing, even updating multiple times a day. Now I find that I don't come back to this until about every five weeks. The five week mark has hit, and I don't really want to update this story. I feel like I've perhaps lost passion for it, and after writing The Compound, where I really started stretching my writing abilities, I started to feel like this one isn't written as well. In a way, I feel like this story is inferior to my other stories. The Compound must have been a turning point for me or something because I know I changed my writing for the better, and I take pride in both of my new stories, Echoes of Eternity, and Blink of an Eye.

I know I lost my way to the initial vision I had for this story, which was an epic love story. I still want this to be an epic love story, but I have no idea how to get it there. I also know I have too many story arcs going because I haven't been able to tie them together well, if at all. I got Maximus out of it, which I will always be grateful for. For now, I am going to close Zenteri, meaning I will not be updating it regularly, but I will not delete it.

If I figure out a way to reboot Zenteri, I will, otherwise perhaps later on I will try to come up with another epic love story. In the meantime, you will be able to find me at my two other stories. Both links below will take you to the beginning of each story.

Blink of an Eye
What would you do if suddenly, in the blink of an eye, your entire world was turned upside down? Would you fight back, would you run, would you cry, or would you hide? This story starts out just like that, when the lives of four strangers are changed forever.

Echoes of Eternity
Some of you have read this since I already announced it on this blog. Maximus, Sicily's twenty-third child, starts life on his own in Silicon Shores. Follow his life and the life of his offspring as they try to make it on their own. Each generation is inspired by a movie quote I find desirable and fitting for the story.

Thanks for listening to this announcement, and for being loyal readers of the Zenteri Baby Challenge.

Hugs,
LateKnight

10 comments:

  1. I'd say that just having Max come out of this story was well worth the effort. : ) Gonna miss Sicily and her craziness but I do love your other stories! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Max is definitely worth it. LOL. Poor little Sicily, haha, I don't know if I will miss her as much, I was kind of losing interest in her... *cries* Hahaha. She was one of the first Sims I made, before I found out I like male Sims more. XD

      Thank you sandybeachgirl, for reading this, and always commenting. Eeee, haha, I'm glad you love my other stuff as much as I do. :D

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way with the Willow's. I feel that every new story I start, my writing gets better and I sometimes, I lose inspiration for the other story. But, when I decide to write my last story, I want to save a very important idea for that one, because I know that's when my writing will be best. I hope you get some inspiration for this story, because I like it, but I support your decisions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, it's more that this story is so different from my other ones, like it was started before I began to write about all that gritty stuff that I do in Blink, and before I was able to crank out details like I do in Echoes. It's also like an immense challenge, and I probably bit off more than I could chew. The big picture for this story was just too overwhelming perhaps, and the last couple chapters, I felt like I was just making shit up out of thin air with no base, and I hate sounding like that. LOL. When I didn't know what the fuck I was doing anymore, I knew I had to stop or it was just going to become crap.

      Thanks for your support and comments on here, parabee. :)

      Delete
  3. I definitely understand where you are coming from. Maybe a nice long break is what you need. I'm glad you got max out of this story. Wish you all the best and you know I'm a fan of all your stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy I got Max out of this story, LOL. Thanks for understanding, :).
      I know when I need to stop something because when it stops making sense to me, then I get irritated with myself, and that's never a good thing.

      Thanks for your support and comments, amandra, and I'll see you on my other stories. XD

      Delete
  4. I totally get it. You have to do what feels right for you. I've loved being along on the ride with Sicily and the gang, and I look forward to reading your other stories. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed what I have here so far. I hate when my writing feels forced because that's when I don't write as well.

      Thanks for understanding, for reading all of this, and commenting, Lily. See you at my other stories. :)

      Delete
  5. You know, you are actually voicing one of my worst fears concerning writing sims stories here- that I might loose the inspiration or even the the interest in an ongoing story along the way...
    I think putting it aside is the right thing, though. No use in forcing out new chapters, I say *hugz*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mm yeah, potentially losing inspiration is a risk that you have to take anytime you start a story. I knew my big mistake with this one though, I tried to take on too much at once, and perhaps one big overall story wasn't the right approach to take while doing a baby challenge, LOL. I probably also shouldn't have tried to start it with a berry Sim too, I love reading about berry Sims, but I don't like them enough to have my own. XD
      Yeah, I figured stopping it would be better than writing badly for it, LOL.

      Thanks for the support the whole way through, and always commenting, anna. See you at my other stories. XD

      Delete